Monday, January 9, 2012

Countdown

Two days until I leave for Scotland.  Two days!  

I'm steadily ticking items off my multiple checklists, but they seem to be reproducing at night while I sleep, dreaming up more checklists.  The clock is doing its own ticking, more steadily than I could ever do, and, ready or not, Wednesday morning will dawn and soon it will be time to throw the last few items in my suitcase, zip it up, and head to the airport.

Now, I do realize that my grasp of physics is essentially non-existent, but how is it possible that time is simultaneously hurtling forward and standing still?  Could someone please explain that little trick to me?  Never mind:  it might involve something like charmed quarks or some other equally esoteric concept.  I'll just carry on in blissful ignorance, making my lists and checking them, not just twice but many more times than Santa ever contemplated.

What was it that I said in my last post about breathing?  Must. Remember. To. Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment